A little boy named Noah from Bartow County, Georgia saved his baby sister, the family dog, and then got help so the rest of his family members could escape a house fire alive. This proves that heros come in all different ages and sizes, when the 5-year-old woke up with flames in his bedroom, instead of panicking, he took the action necessary to help save all 9 members of his family.
The first thing Noah did was pull his 2-year-old baby sister through an open window in the bedroom they shared, than he went back for the beloved family dog and pulled it to safety also. After that Noah ran next door to his uncle’s house and woke him up and alerted him about the fire so he could save the rest of the family.
Without Noah’s quick thinking and actions, there is no telling when or if they would have made it out of the burning house in time, the fire department is blaming an overloaded electrical outlet for the blaze that nearly destroyed the family’s home.
The local fire department recognized Noah as a hero and made him an Honorary Firefighter and gave him an award.
Some samples of fire safety tips for families include:
1/ Teach children about fire danger.
2/ Educate about the how and why of smoke detectors work.
3/ Practice opening windows for escape.
4/ Practice using ladder, if needed.
5/ Teach kids to touch the door and check for heat.
6/ Teach kids to feel their way out rather than using their eyes.
7/ Have a fire escape plan that can easily be taught and reinforced.
8/ Teach that getting out means staying out.
9/Teach how and when to call for help.
10/ Practice your escape route monthly.
11/ Have a plan for your pets in place.